3D Analyst tutorial data for ArcGIS Trial version  missing

Jump to solution
03-09-2013 04:38 PM
waleaboderin
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I am trying to learn to use the 3D Analsyst using the ArcGIS trial version. However i have been led to understand that the tutorial practice data has been removed from the ArcGIS 10.1 version. I have also been informed i can get the tutorial data from a 10.0 installation but i cannot seem to get one anywhere for love or money. Could any one kindly point me in the direction of this data as soon as possible as i only have 60 days before the software times out. I will be eternally grateful for any response or assistance.
Thank you very kindly.

Walé Aboderin

GIS Analyst
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jessicaader
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
9 Replies
jessicaader
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
brianarmstrong
New Contributor
0 Kudos
VictorCallos
New Contributor
i downloaded the tutorial data, but the 3d analyst data is not included...
0 Kudos
SPhilip
New Contributor II
i downloaded the tutorial data, but the 3d analyst data is not included...

Did anyone solve this problem.

I have installed the tutorial data and i have the Arctutor folder which has several tutorial folders within it but the 3D analyst folder is missing. Any clues on how i can get this?

Thanks
Susan
0 Kudos
SamuelCousins
New Contributor
On 07-09-2012 thales007 wrote:
I confirmed with the resource center team that the tutorial was removed at 10.1. They plan to have some videos and template out of 3D Analyst in the future.
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/53538-Newbie-Problem!-(-HELP!-)

This is great that there's videos to help but as the tutorial says "The best way to learn ESRI ArcGIS 3D Analyst is to use it."  So the data would be really handy.

Options I have tried/trying are:

- You can request a DVD of 10.0  (not tested to see if you actually will receive it.) (unknown)
- Any downloading of 10.0 links re-direct to download 10.1 -  no tutorial data (failed)
- Googled everywhere for 10.0 data mirror (failed)
- Has anyone already got a DVD already or tutorial data to get a copy of it? (Unknown) 

- Getting the data from source ?? (failed)

Death Valley image data courtesy of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)/Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)/CaltechSan Gabriel Basin data courtesy of the San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority.
Belarus CS137 soil contamination and thyroid cancer data courtesy of the International Sakharov Environmental University.
Hidden River Cave data courtesy of the American Cave Conservation Association.
Elevation and image data courtesy of MassGIS, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs.
Las Vegas Millennium Mosaic (Year 2000 Landsat) and QuickBird images data courtesy of DigitalGlobe.
Ozone concentration raster derived from data courtesy of the California Air Resources Board, Southern California Millennium Mosaic (Year 2000 Landsat) image courtesy of DigitalGlobe, Angelus Oaks imagery courtesy of AirPhoto USA, Southwestern U.S. elevation data derived from U.S. National Elevation Data courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey.
Spot elevation points and breaklines are of the Napa River Watershed area. GIS data courtesy of the County of Napa.
Quickbird imagery of London courtesy of DigitalGlobe. Multipatch buildings Copyright © 2008 Google. All rights reserved.

or

-ESRI could just include the data again into 10.1?
0 Kudos
SPhilip
New Contributor II
Hi

I had ArcGIS 9, 3D Analyst data. This data works with ArcGIS 10.1 as well.

So use the old data if you have it.
0 Kudos
ErikPuscher1
New Contributor
Hello there,
i also like to have the data included again into 10.1. I have only the new 10.1 Version for download available. So no access to older versions for me.

I really like to test the 3d tools.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings.
0 Kudos
vincentcoez
New Contributor
Hi

I had ArcGIS 9, 3D Analyst data. This data works with ArcGIS 10.1 as well.

So use the old data if you have it.

It works, thanks.

Delete thoose tutorial datas is a huge mistake. As student, I can't afford to assist to a presentation and I have no time for that. What can I do? I nead that tutorial for research.

That was not a problem for me because CD's of Arcgis 9 were not thrown out yet ...
But I think it will mind a lot of students in futur
0 Kudos
NeilCurri
New Contributor II
We're still on 10.1. The 3D Analyst Tutorial html pages are right there in the online help, but there's no data. Why?
0 Kudos