Line of Sight (3D Analyst Tool) Does Not Produce Desired Output

10-12-2018 07:42 AM
DylanSteffen
New Contributor

I am performing visibility analysis with a TIN surface, one observer point, and several target points in ArcMap using 3D Analyst.

I am trying to draw several lines of sight at the same time, and the Line of Sight Tool in 3D Analyst allows me to get several lines of sight at the same time (showing what parts of the line are obstructed and unobstructed by the surface; first attached image).  However, the lines of sight produced are actually overlapping green and red line segments, so when I make a profile graph for the multiple lines of sight, the lines are solid green or solid red (second attached image) rather than being a mix of the two colors as they should be.  

When using the Line of Sight Interactive Tool on the 3D Analyst Toolbar, you can only draw one line of sight at a time, and it is much less consistent because I have to place each point by hand rather than using point layers, and the profile graphs for those lines of sight are correct (third attached image).

My question, then, is why do these two seemingly identical tools function so differently?  And is there any way to create several lines of sight at the same time that will give me the proper profile graph I am looking for?

Thanks for any help you might have!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnCarter4
New Contributor

try to update the plugins of your software and also update your graphics driver because at many this error is arisen due to the lack of an update in the driver of graphic, 

If you and anyone have Router related any problem following the Dlink Support for help. It helps yo fx your all router problem.

0 Kudos