KMZ to SHP

07-23-2017 09:22 AM
CesarRosales
New Contributor II

buenas tardes, tengo una pregunta a la comunidad esri, tengo una data en formato kmz de google earth, necesito convertirla a shp pero que pueda calcular el área que representa, sobre la base de la informacion XYZ referencial de dichos archivos....cual es el procedimiento o la via mas recomendable, me he detenido en ello, gracias por la ayuda que puedan prestarme....saludos cordiales....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have ArcGIS Desktop, you could use KML To Layer—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop. By default, the data source is saved as a file Geodatabase Feature Class. You could export the data to shapefile, if desired.

Then you could use Add Geometry Attributes—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop to add the desired geometry parameters as attributes, if required.

Think Location
CesarRosales
New Contributor II

Good afternoon Sir Poddar, thanks for the observation, now, I have a problem: when I perform that operation, the resultant polygon when being treated with the add geometry tool, the values of the area are negative .... I would like to know the Maximum height that has been generated in that polygon .... thank you very much ....

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In case, the KML/KMZ file is Z-enabled, KML to Layer tool will result in a multipatch feature class, which can be viewed in 3D in ArcScene or ArcGIS Pro 3D Scene.

Do you see a multipatch FC in the File GDB?

By the way, could you attach the KMZ file for me to review?

Think Location
CesarRosales
New Contributor II

Good afternoon Mr Poddar; I actually see that in the GDB, a multipatch file is not displayed; I will gladly send the file for you to kindly review and give me your observations and advice ,,,, thank you in advance ....

CesarRosales
New Contributor II

Mr Poddar; If you send me an email address, I'll send you the information; Or could you tell me how to load it from this portal; I really can not find the way .... !!! Or write me to: - cringeomatica@gmail.com - and from there send you ..... greetings !!!!

0 Kudos