Select to view content in your preferred language

How to display horizontal pipes connected to vertical pipes below the earth surface on map..

06-27-2018 10:50 AM
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi friends, am trying to display connections of pipeline which contains vertical & horizontal pipes in it... I have to connect both type of these pipes using URL of services....already able to display 3D vertical pipes below earth surface...

but am stuck at one point now..when am trying to display horizontal pipes cant able to display all of them..only few are displayed.. 

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. I can explain more precisely.

Thank you in Advance

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

are you publishing these as 3D Object scene layers? If possible can you share the scene & layers? You can share them to a group and invite russell_jsapi to it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you query the horizontal pipes to see that a geometry is being returned for those. How many features in the service are you trying to display?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You will have to edit your line vertices to go to the location x,y,z you want. You can do that in Pro: Modify feature vertices—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Can you please elaborate.. I didn't get it...?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Sure,

Lets say your lines are made up of two points (vertices). Right now they only have an X and Y with no Z or a Z value of 0 or null. You need to modify these vertiices so you can get them at the correct depth. So for the example of the sloped line one Vertex will have a z value of -10 while the other end will have z value of -20. This will then show the pipe with the slope.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need to to have features with geometry to draw pipes.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

you will need the x and y values for the ends as well so You will have to pull that out of the feature that they are attaching too. You also will need to use Pro or Desktop to add those z values for the vertexes.

0 Kudos
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello russell, yes I managed to add Z values in feature...now am trying to use it.. Can you please tell me what to do exactly..

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

To create the polyline you will need to have the XYZ for the points, then run the Feature to 3D by Attribute tool to give you points a z value bc currently its just an attribute. Then Use the points to line to create the line feature and publish that has a feature layer and use the 3D tube symbol and bring it into your app.

0 Kudos