Select to view content in your preferred language

Download and visualize 3D webscene

Jump to solution
09-23-2022 12:59 PM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like to download and visualize the following webscene.

1. When I click on `Open in ArcPro`, a `.pitemx` gets downloaded but, I don't know how import this file into `ArcPro`. 
  2. What symbology and attribute do I need to render the trees?
  3. Does this webscene include South Florida?

OpenStreetMap 3D Trees (Realistic)

Question | Analyze | Visualize
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

This is a scene layer not a web scene and there are some known issues surrounding opening certain layers using this Open in ArcGIS Pro workflow.

I would recommend either adding this layer in ArcGIS Pro through the Catalog Pane Portal tab or copying the URL and going to Add Data > Add Data by Path > https://basemaps3d.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/OpenStreetMap3D_Trees_Realistic_v1/SceneServer

The data in this layer is dependent on what's available in the open source OSM database. I'm not sure which area you are looking at but I looked in Miami and didn't see any trees render there so this may not work for you.

thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

This is a scene layer not a web scene and there are some known issues surrounding opening certain layers using this Open in ArcGIS Pro workflow.

I would recommend either adding this layer in ArcGIS Pro through the Catalog Pane Portal tab or copying the URL and going to Add Data > Add Data by Path > https://basemaps3d.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/OpenStreetMap3D_Trees_Realistic_v1/SceneServer

The data in this layer is dependent on what's available in the open source OSM database. I'm not sure which area you are looking at but I looked in Miami and didn't see any trees render there so this may not work for you.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos