Credits for publishing a Scene Layer - 3D Object (hosted)

Jump to solution
09-02-2018 09:25 PM
MarcoPoetsch_ret
New Contributor III

Hi there!

I would like to publish 3D objects to AGOL as hosted Scene Layer.

Although these objects have very basic shapes (mostly cubes), I'm concerned about the performance, and also about the amount of credits this scene layer will require, as I have about 20.000 of these cubes.

Does someone has experience with a such large number of 3D objects in AGOL?

Also: There is also a surface layer which I would like to publish. Is there any possibility to calculate the amount of credits this ambitious scheme would consume?

Thank you all!

Marco

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there is a cost to store data. For feature storage it is 2.4 credits per 10 MB stored per month, calculated hourly and for file and tile storage it is 1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month. You can monitor credit usage to determine if you are using too much or the right amount on the status page.   View status—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

regards,

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marco,

It sounds like these are untextured features so in that case it would only cost 1 credit per 5,000 features so you would use 4 credits for 20,000 features. The following help doc breaks down credit costs.

Understand credits—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

MarcoPoetsch_ret
New Contributor III

Thanks Andrew! Thats already very helpful!

Do you know if there will be additional credit costs for feature storage?

Cheers,

Marco

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there is a cost to store data. For feature storage it is 2.4 credits per 10 MB stored per month, calculated hourly and for file and tile storage it is 1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month. You can monitor credit usage to determine if you are using too much or the right amount on the status page.   View status—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

regards,

Andrew