A sneak peek - the new Story Map Series

12-08-2014 02:55 PM
Labels (1)
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor
3 3 1,855

With the ArcGIS Online update later this week, a new configurable Story Map will be introduced. It's called Story Map Series, and consolidates a couple of other story maps into a single configurable app with multiple layout options—tabbed, side accordion, and bulleted.

dec10-7.jpg

Here's a Story Map of the top 10 visited US National Parks in 2012 I authored over a year ago (update coming soon). It uses the Story Map Playlist.

bulleted-1.jpg

Here's another iteration on the same map done by Rupert Essinger and used for testing during the app development cycle. It's using the soon-to-be-released Story Map Series, and is configured with the bulleted layout.

bulleted-2.jpg

Story Maps continue to evolve in new directions. The consolidation of these formerly separate templates into a single Story Map Series is yet another example of their evolution. With multiple layout options, the new Story Map Series is sure to be one of the more popular choices.

3 Comments
About the Author
Esri technical evangelist and product advocate. On a good day I'm making a map. On a great day I'm on one. https://www.linkedin.com/in/bernszukalski/ bszukalski@esri.com