ArcGIS Online transfer item ownership between members

12-05-2019 10:58 AM
LeonKincy
Emerging Contributor

Hello. My organization has multiple ArcGIS Online accounts. We have one member of our account who is also a member of another account. Originally we made her a member of our account in order to collaborate. But now we need to free up that license. We invited her to  join a group in our account using her account. Now we want to give her ownership of the items she created using the license in our account I guess to the license in her account? 

I am an administrator. When I go to the group I can see both of her memberships. But when I try to change ownership of items to her outside account name, is not an option. What can we do? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leon Kincy‌,

If you have ArcGIS Pro and/or a Python environment with the ArcGIS API for Python, the following script can transfer ownership between ArcGIS Online organizations: How To: Copy hosted feature services (including data) from one ArcGIS Online organization to another 

Without the API, you may want to check out (not supported by Esri) ArcGIS Online Assistant: ArcGIS Online Assistant. Select I want to > Copy content. 

Hope that helps,

-Peter

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Peter. That's very helpful. 

LeonKincy
Emerging Contributor

Hi, Peter. I read the script, and I have a question. When this script is run, I guess I would need the target account holder to be present to enter her passeord?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leon,

You are correct about this. 

Thanks,

-Peter