jar for com.esri.arcgis.system.EngineInitializer

02-20-2014 01:25 AM
ashagiri
New Contributor
hi,

i am developing a gis map using java runtime SDK installed including the jars.. i am getting import errrors on import statement on
import com.esri.arcgis.system.EngineInitializer;.. not sure which jar can solve this problem..
If any one could help me, basically how can i get started here..to create a successfull console app here..

RG,
Asha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
The documentation to this class states that it "Initializes ArcObjects for Java for usage in ArcGIS Engine." That class appears to be an ArcObjects component, not a Runtime component. In Runtime, you use the ArcGISRuntime class to initialize its components after authorization is achieved. Care to elaborate?
0 Kudos
ashagiri
New Contributor
can u please let me know which jar has to be consumed for this import..i am not able to locate that particular jar in my application..

Thnxx
0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
I suspect you are writing ArcObjects code and not Runtime code.  They are very different things.

There is a forum for ArcObjects where you will get better answers. 

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/20-ArcObjects-SDKs

The Runtime SDK for Java which is what we are enthusiatic about in this forum isn't ArcObjects based.  We've written it from scratch and it's really the replacement for ArcGIS Engine development.

If you'd like more information on the Runtime SDK for Java we're always happy to help and I'd encourage any new projects to be developed in this instead of ArcObjects.

Good luck

Mark

PS I can move your post to the ArcObjects forum is you want.
0 Kudos