Local Locators not working in 100.7?

Jump to solution
12-23-2019 01:35 PM
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

Since upgrading to 100.7, any action I try with LocatorTask inside a MobileMapPackage seems to be bombing with an obscure exception.

System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher => Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Invalid response

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISException.HandleCoreError(CoreError error, Boolean throwException)

at RuntimeCoreNet.GeneratedWrappers.Interop.CheckError(IntPtr errorHandle, Boolean throwOnFailure, GCHandle wrapperHandle)

at RuntimeCoreNet.GeneratedWrappers.CoreTask.Get()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Internal.CoreTaskExtensions.TaskCompletedCallbackHandler`1.OnCompleted(Object sender, EventArgs e)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Internal.CoreTaskExtensions.TaskCompletedCallbackHandler`1.<CreateInternal>d__7.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at [REDACTEDMETHOD] in [REDACTED].cs:line 755

at [REDACTEDMETHOD] in [REDACTED].cs:line 525

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Literally, just calling LocatorTask.LoadAsync is causing this exception.  Is there something I maybe missed in the release notes?  This is with a v2.4 Locator with a Street Address role created in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 packaged inside an MMPK created with ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3.  Esri.ArcGISRuntime/Esri.ArcGISRuntime.WPF 100.7.  Project targeting .NET Runtime 4.6.2.

I'll create a repro project when I get a chance.

Thanks as always.

11 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Kyle,

With the 100.8 release of Runtime, locators created with the Create Locator tool are now supported in 32 bit runtime applications.

Welcome to ArcGIS Runtime 100.8 Welcome to ArcGIS Runtime 100.8 

Brad

JohnFix1
New Contributor III

Thanks Brad,

This also sheds some light on why my developer keeps telling me that runtime needs a *.locb" file.  This file is only created in ArcMap when the "create runtime content" is enabled.

We are using Xamarin so we can deploy to different platforms. This will force us to use the less desirable "address locator" in ArcMap. While making the vector tile caches and mobile map packages in ArcGIS Pro. What a convoluted process. And there is zero chance (ok, I should never say "zero") we'll make one package for 64-bit and another for all other platforms.

Do you know if non-64-bit apps built with runtime will be able to use the "locator" format in the future?

Thanks,

John