Querying a table within an ArcGIS rest service?

11-18-2019 09:40 AM
JosephHunt
New Contributor

I have a standalone table in an ArcGIS rest service that I need to query.  The service has security requiring a username and password.  I used this table in 10.2.6 applications using credentials and querytask without a problem.  Is there a way in runtime to query this table?  Do I have to use NetworkRequest, which is more complicated with tokens?     

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can do that with a ServiceFeatureTable. This sample showcases this with a feature layer for viewing, but you don't need to display it - you could just query the ServiceFeatureTable directly - arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_QMLSamples/Features/FeatureLayer_Query at master · Esri... 

As for the authorization component, you can do that a few ways. You can create a Credential object with username and password, and set that on the ServiceFeatureTable. You could also use the AuthenticationManager workflow, which is discussed here - Access the ArcGIS platform—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers  

0 Kudos
JosephHunt
New Contributor

Hi Lucas,

That was the first thing I tried and apparently since the table has no geometry that doesn't work.   

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Tables with no geometry should work. Here is an example:

import QtQuick 2.6
import QtQuick.Controls 2.2
import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.6

ApplicationWindow {
    id: appWindow
    width: 800
    height: 600
    title: "Untitled81"

ServiceFeatureTable {
        url: "https://services2.arcgis.com/ZQgQTuoyBrtmoGdP/arcgis/rest/services/AlaskaNationalParksPreservesSpecies_List/FeatureServer/2"
        Component.onCompleted: {
            load()
        }

onLoadStatusChanged:  {
            if (loadStatus === Enums.LoadStatusLoaded) {
                console.log("loaded");

queryFeatures(params);
            }
        }

onQueryFeaturesStatusChanged: {
            if (queryFeaturesStatus === Enums.TaskStatusCompleted) {
                console.log("complete");

let iter = queryFeaturesResult.iterator;
                while (iter.hasNext) {
                    var feat = iter.next();
                    console.log(JSON.stringify(feat.attributes.attributesJson))
                }
            }
        }
    }

QueryParameters {
        id: params
        whereClause: "1=1"
    }
}
0 Kudos
JosephHunt
New Contributor

The service in the example you provided the table has an objectid.  Ours does not and that may cause problems.

Here is the error.

qml: Suggest like '%2%' and LayerField like 'Parcels-Site_Address'

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Player: Object: QObject(0x0) Text: "file:///C:/Users/huntj/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/6154a8cf097142b38e223b3d9abc999d/MonTopo2.qml:351: TypeError: Cannot read property 'iterator' of null"

file:///C:/Users/huntj/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/6154a8cf097142b38e223b3d9abc999d/MonTopo2.qml:351: TypeError: Cannot read property 'iterator' of null

0 Kudos
JosephHunt
New Contributor

Hi Lucas,

I got it.  I made a typo which caused the error.

Thanks

0 Kudos