Using orgId in custom map does not allow to log in

01-21-2019 07:27 AM
deleted-user-yFDeOJnQ1kta
New Contributor

Hi,

I have built a custom mapjournal template (based on the MapJournal template version 1.17 from the Esri-Github) and deployed it on our server as a testcase for further development.

As I am still figuring out how things work, I made a mapjournal in AGOL and made it available to my organization for editing and viewing.

In my index.html, I added the origId here (I removed all the comments in the snippet, and replaced the ID with the text ORIG_ID):

<script type="text/javascript">
            var configOptions = {
                appid: "",
                oAuthAppId: "",
                authorizedOwners: ["[<<<ORIG_ID>>>]"]
            };
        </script>

When I try to get to the mapjournal with URL including APPID, I am notified that the user (being me as the creator of the mapjournal) is not authorized. When I put my own username in the authorizedOwners section (without the brackets of course), I can login and edit my map.

I want my colleagues to create map journals with this template, but adding single user-ids is a bit cumbersome, so adding the orgID would be the logical step. But adding single usernames is the only way it works now. Do I miss something?

Thanks, Koen

BTW: the comment in index.html about finding the orgID is not so easy to find. I found my ID by downloading a AGOL-activity log as CSV.

0 Kudos
0 Replies