When setting a default answer for repeat question, default answer is not applied to first question.

Jump to solution
05-21-2018 08:12 AM
JohnTruong
New Contributor III

I'm having problems getting my first question is repeat question to have a set default value. Currently, I have a question that asks if the user has invasive plants in their plot. If the user selects checks yes for a yes/no question a repeat question will appear that lists 16 common invasive plants. The user will be asked to check yes/no if a specific species is present in their plot. I would like to default of the species to no (not present) so the user can quickly scroll through the list to find the correct species, and manually check yes. I've put no into the column "default" for this question but the first question (question 1) in the series of 16 questions does not default to no, nothing is checked. Only questions 2-16 have no as defaults. I've tried this on my other sets of repeat questions and the same issue occurs, the first question is never set to the default value but ever question after the first in the series of questions will have default value set.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
EmilyResseger
New Contributor II

Here is a form that is giving us problems. It has defaults and calculations and involves a nested repeat. It's built on top of an existing feature service.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

Please try the latest 3.2 RC builds that are now available on EAC (3.2.192), we believe this will have fixed the issues you are facing with defaults and calculations and involves a nested repeat.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Just an update to let you know that we have been working on the issue you raised when setting a default answer for repeat question, default answer is not applied to first question. A lot of progress has been made with repeats/nested repeats and defaults/calculations/relevants and missing values when opening the survey, so we believe the issue has been resolved for our upcoming 3.2 release. 

If you have time, can you please check out the latest 3.2 RC builds available on EAC here: Welcome to our Feedback Community and provide any feedback. The sooner we can get feedback the sooner can can address any outstanding issues.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

I was wondering if there had been any change in setting a default answer for the first question in a nested repeat with a repeat_count of 1?

The default answer works when I get rid of the repeat_count.

Cheers,

RyanE

0 Kudos