ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 Patch is Available

07-31-2018 01:25 PM
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 patch is now available to download from My Esri and via the software update (if enabled).

Please apply this patch to get the fixes listed in Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, here is additional information about Minor Releases and Patches: Releases and patches—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Tags (3)
16 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Any update on the other issues that aren't on the list, that are currently being reported on GeoNet?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Any specific issue, Dan?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Kory.... conda lockdown, conda clone, python IDEs to name a few.  As you know, a number of us are awaiting news.  I search a number of the 'fixed' issues and they largely don't appear on GeoNet, …. Which means that people had better report issues through proper channels... if they want them fixed

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Right, so you're referring to the discussion happening around ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 and Python Package Manager and in the comments of https://community.esri.com/community/events/user-conference/blog/2018/07/10/esri-uc-day-2-updates 

We'll be sharing knowledge articles about these issues very soon.  Hope to be publishing those today...

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Although I'm glad to see the calc geom thing fixed....I was kinda hoping BUG-000114001 would be fixed by now, that's quite the "deal breaker" for us. I see it "fixed" at 2.3, any chance that could land in 2.2.2? BUG-000099714, BUG-000111642, BUG-000115054, just to name a few are close to the top of my very long "Me Me Me" list......  I get that there are a lot of bugs and not a lot of developers, but you did ask!  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I checked what I wrote and I didn't ask   But...

There are a number of factors that are considered when determining what makes it into a patch vs. the normal release cycle.

*Important note - this is my explanation, not a formal Esri checklist*

1. Do we have a fix for the issue yet?  If we don't have the issue fixed at the time when the patch is handed off to the release team for their testing, well... that thing won't go into the patch.  So timing is important.

2. If there is a fix, is the fix able to be applied in a patch?  

3. What is the severity of the thing?  Things like data corruption and crashes get higher consideration for inclusion in a patch.

3a. Is there a reasonable workaround?

4. What is the risk of the fix?

That said, I'll look into the specific bugs that you mention and pass those up the chain to be assessed for whether they could get into a 2.2.2 if there is a second patch.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I'm assuming you had retested [BUG-000111642: ArcGIS Pro 2.1.1 fails to edit a feature service containing subtypes with minimum code values of 1 or higher] in 2.2.1 as you're asking for this to be included in a future 2.2 patch?  

That's still occurring for you at 2.2.1?  I see the status of the bug after testing as Non-reproducible, "This has been fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 + ArcGIS Server 10.6.1"  

Let us know if you are still experiencing the issue as we may need additional details in the bug report.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I just got that email. I have not yet certified 10.6.1 for deployment, in (sort of) testing, ran into a non-ESRI issue (https://community.esri.com/thread/219154-for-those-of-your-unfortunate-enough-to-be-upgrading-to-106... ) so we're sitting on any server upgrades 'till M$ gets their act together, so I won't be able to test for a while. 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'd like to keep this civil, but to say I disappointed about the lack of response to the conda/python issue is something of an understatement for me.  I have seen the various cloning approaches provided here in the forum but I look at it this way:  I didn't break it so I don't see it as my responsibility to fix it....

That should just about do it....