ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 Patch is Available

07-31-2018 01:25 PM
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 patch is now available to download from My Esri and via the software update (if enabled).

Please apply this patch to get the fixes listed in Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, here is additional information about Minor Releases and Patches: Releases and patches—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Tags (3)
16 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Anyone waiting for the Knowledge base articles... this may be useful as well

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/07/01/arcgis-pro-your-conda-environments 

Hopefully, not a parallel solution, but one we are going with in the absence of a full rollback of the conda lockdown before teaching term begins.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Knowledge Base articles as of 2018-08-03 

covering the 'issues' surrounding upgrades to 2.2 from 2.1

Esri Support 2.2 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Following the instructions provided in the KB articles, I removed all the directories within C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Pro/bin/Python/pkgs except cache.

I still cannot install the spyder package....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Once you clear out the files you must create a new Python environment to manage per the help:

As of ArcGIS Pro 2.2, the default arcgispro-py3 environment is read-only and cannot be modified. Changes can be made by creating a new environment (or cloning an environment) into your user profile and making desired changes to the new environment.

The Python Package Manager—ArcPy Get Started | ArcGIS Desktop 

See image below after the process is completed:

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I had opened a ticket with ESRI Tech Support and they say the same thing.  Thanks.

Edited a while later:  I followed the instructions from ESRI tech support for creating a new env and making it active.  That allowed me to install the spyder package.  However, that left me with 5 different locations that had the spyder.exe and none of them would execute.  I don't know what I fouled up along the way, but something is hosed beyond help.  I've uninstalled 2.2 and reinstalled 2.1.  I installed the spyder package and I'm back to where I was before the 'upgrade'.  It works....

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you want it installed in the base environment, you have to do it via conda as I have posted.

Someday a real python ide capable of managing python modules and project will have to appear.

Otherwise do the clone thing. 

We can't afford having hundreds of students cloning in the Users is for Losers folder since that gets wiped nightly.f

If things go "bad" on a machine or two, they are reimaged remotely in no time.

It is like buying a car.... but you are only allowed to make right-hand turns..

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I just got tired of dinking around with it and the uninstall, roll back was always a consideration.  Admitedly it probably came down to user error for me, but at this point I don't care.  I just hope I'm able to upgrade sometime down the road without having the same problems.

0 Kudos