Select to view content in your preferred language

iOS Application Size with ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.1.1

06-19-2018 06:40 AM
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Posting on behalf of a client:

We have been implementing the newer version of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.1.1 as a test. The map is working perfectly expect that the application is more than 11 times bigger than with the previous SDK. Here is the current comparison between the applications (Telematics Lite) using the old and new framework:

Both apps are ‘Telematics Lite’ and there is no difference between them except for the upgraded SDK. The one at the bottom of the list is about 26MB newly installed, that means it currently has 8 MB of app data. The one on the top of the list is newly installed and is using version 100.1.1 of the framework.

Can anyone shed some light on why the application is so much larger with the new SDK? And how we can shrink the size of the application?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

It should be larger but not that much larger by a long shot. We've found that the 100.1 Runtime adds about 60Mb to an app (so even less when you consider the existing impact of Runtime 10.2.x).

Has the app been installed via the App Store or TestFlight? What I think may be happening is that the Universal IPA is being installed to the device bypassing the App Store and TestFlight which should thin the app automatically (assuming you're on iOS 9 or later). Could you take a look at these steps I posted to a possibly related question and let me know if that helps?

Nick

DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Thank you Nick, I have forwarded your suggestions to my client. Much appreciated. Will post a follow up if they have success.

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Deon Lengton, did this help your client out?‌

0 Kudos