Select to view content in your preferred language

using pulldata function in relevant field

04-10-2018 03:24 PM
JevitaWebster
Occasional Contributor

i want to know if using a pulldata function in the relevant field so that based on the value given to the form a group of questions will show if the value is a 'y' can work? 

pulldata('CSVfile, 'mtrchg', 'type',(${ser_order_num},= 'y'))

i don't get any errors when i add the above to the relevant field in the form... but what the outcome i want doesn't happen either. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevita,

The pulldata function should work within the relevant field.  I think the issue is that you've included teh comparison inside the pulldata function - you are wanting the questions to show if the value pulled is 'y':

pulldata('CSVfile, 'mtrchg', 'type',${ser_order_num}) = 'y'

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
Occasional Contributor

yes, my CSV file i has a column of 'N' and 'Y' if the field in my form displays the value that equals 'Y' then i would like the group of questions to show. That's not happening. when i add the pulldata and enter the value that should show the "grouped questions" nothing happens. the "grouped questions" dont show. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevita,

Try having the pulldata function populate a test text field to make sure it's working and the values are what you are expecting.  If it is 'Y', it should be 'Y' in the comparison as well - capitalization matters.