showAttribution=false property of Print dijit doesn't work

10-11-2017 06:11 AM
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

I saw a post about this from 2013 here but the "correct" answer is not correct.  In the sample provided the printout indeed does not display attribution, but that's only because the layout is set to "MAP_ONLY".  If you use any other layout , it appears that attribution does indeed show up.  This is a problem if I want to have any other information displayed on my printout but do NOT want the service layer credits showing up (which I don't, as my app is using services from other organizations and I don't want users looking at the printout and thinking they should be contacting those other organizations about my app).

Is anyone aware of a workaround?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the post, Brett. I see what you mean about the showAttribution property only being honored when the template is set to MAP_ONLY. I do not know of a workaround at this time, but will look into it.

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Brett Greenfield (DNR)‌ after doing some research, I think this behavior is by design.

The showAttribution (3.x) and attributionVisible (4.x) properties of the PrintTemplate are only honored when the template is set to MAP_ONLY. This is because there may be use cases for just showing the exported image, like as a thumbnail, or as part of a presentation (which should still have the attributions listed elsewhere on the slide or as a reference). 

We will be updating our documentation to remove any confusion about how these properties work. 

In terms of a workaround, the only suggestion I could make would be to create your own custom print template using the instructions in this ArcMap tutorial: Publishing additional services for printing. Perhaps you could use this for your app.

However, I would add a word of caution above removing attribution. Please check out our Data Attributions and Terms of Use documentation for more information.