no token found

04-08-2016 08:30 PM
JanDucnuigeen
New Contributor II

I'm new to Web AppBuilder, and trying to follow the directions here:

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

I've put the web app builder zip download in my C: direction, unzipped it, and ran the bat file.

The builder opens up my browser (Firefox) to this page:

http://[mymachinename]:3344/webappbuilder/?action=setportalurl

and gives me the option to specify the URL for my ArcGIS Online organization or portal. I put in my URL and I get a green check mark next to it.

Following the directions in the link above, I go into my content online, Add Item-> Application, and fill in the requirements, such as:

Type: Web Mapping
Purpose: Ready to use, API; Javascript

URL: http://[mymachinename]:3344/webappbuilder

Then add item.

After adding the item, I register it, using redirect URI as http://[mymachinename] and https://[mymachinename]

I then copy the App ID to the clipboard.

In the browser window that Web Appbuilder opened up, I click on the continue button after my

URL: [myorganizationname].maps.arcgis.com

Then it gives me the place to insert my App ID. I paste the app id I get earlier and press continue.

It then gives me a screen where it asks if I will approve or not: "Map 4 wants to access your ArcGIS Online account information" and there's a button to "Approve" or "no thanks". I click approve, and it them simply redirects back to my earlier URL input for my ArcGIS Online organization ([myorganizationname].maps.arcgis.com).

When I look at the command window for Web AppBuilder, there's a line that says:

"No token is found, redirect /webappbuilder to /webappbuilder/?action=setportalurl

This happens over and over, even when I create a new Web AppBuilder folder on my C: drive and try the process again with a fresh version. I always get the dredded "No token is found" line in the command window, and it redirects to the set portal url page. I've restarted my machine, closed browser, tried it with Chrome, and still the same problem. I've also tried registering the URI as

http://[mymachinename]:3344 and

https://[mymachinename]:3344

as well as

http://[mymachinename]:3344/webappbuilder and

https://[mymachinename]:3344/webappbuilder

but the result is the same.

What could be going wrong, or what am I doing  wrong?

Tags (1)
35 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jan,

Man I am fresh out of ideas. I have setup dozens of WAB installs (from Beta through 2.0) and I have never run into this. Have you called esri tech support yet?

0 Kudos
JanDucnuigeen
New Contributor II

Of course it would be my luck that I try it once and I spend days trying to get it to work. My organizational account doesn't have any more support credit, plus I've recently moved to the southern hemisphere on a very different time zone and my esri account shift hasn't caught up with the international support contact. I figured the community had good experience so I would try that.

I think I'm giving up. Having connected other internet related apps before (using a php, oAuth, and Google Maps API) I didn't think this would be so complicated. I think I'll look into an open source and lower cost alternative to sharing custom maps in the cloud.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

One last attempt, which has been mentioned in other threads:

1) make sure you are one your local machine, and not a server.

2) best if the \webappbuilder folder is off the root of the drive, not in a inetpub.

and when adding your "machinename" it is the actual machine name, not a URL to the internet.

0 Kudos
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Hello Rebecca,

I wanted to follow up on these comments and ask a few questions.  It sounds like you are implying that we cannot install WABDE on a server?  I have been trying to do just that so we can set up a developer environment that supports more than one developer.  That way we could each access the same WAB (in theory).  I sat in on a session at the ESRI UC that made this sound possible.

However, I have been running into issues trying to get it working on a server.  I am working on a server behind our firewall and trying to access our Portal that is on the same server.  I can get as far as assigning our Portal and entering the AppID.  I even get the green check mark.  But, for some reason, the Continue button doesn't do anything.  I took a snapshot of the errors that show up in the console on the developer tools for IE.

Have you seen an issue like this?  I feel so close, but also would like to know if this is even a possibility before I spend too much more time on it.

Thanks.PortalErrorImage.PNG

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It may be different with Portal (I have only used it with ArcGIS Online appID) but from all I have seen, it isn't recommended (and may not work) to have it on a server.  That being said, there will always be someone that will disprove this.  But, the appid, from all I have seen, is tied to a "named user", so sharing one WAB-developer edition install and startup file probably will not work (borderline legal, if it does allow it).

There have been several discussions about this, including How to share local WAB projects with organization?

or Is it better to share "application" registered in AGOL between WAB-dev edition developers, or separa...

0 Kudos
JanDucnuigeen
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca. Thank you for those additional thoughts.
1 - I'm not sure exact what you mean, but I'm trying to set this up on my local machine (windows 7 pro) laptop, not a server. I'm inside a standard network, and even have all antivirus and firewall turned off on this local machine.

2 - yes I have extracted the contents of the web app builder to a local folder, in my C: drive, not in any inetpub.

3 - yes, "machinename" I'm using is the same name as shown in the Windows system properties next to "Computer Name:", which is the same as what is listed next to "Full Computer Name:" since I'm in a windows workgroup and not a windows domain.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a way to create a more detailed log of what exactly is happening in the communication between my computer and AGOL after I put in the registered app ID. The command windows just doesn't give enough detail other than "no token is found". I'm unclear how exactly the token is sent/received and accepted (or not). Does anyone understand that process and can explain it ?

0 Kudos
AdrianPatchett
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem and have tried all of the same things you have mentioned above but I still am unable to solve this.
Have you had any luck in resolving this issue??

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdrianPatchett
New Contributor II

Solved!! Kind of. After having all of the exact same issues you have described I decided to try out an older version of WAB (1.3) and what do you know it actually worked!! The main difference with 1.3 was that instead of just looping back through the login screen it went to another screen which said it did not trust the security certificate or something. Within in here I was able to allow WAB to bypass the need for this and it works everytime. It's still not 2.0 but I least I have something working now.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

Having the same issues with 2.0

working behind firewall, internal environment, ArcGIS for Server and Portal (non-federated) 10.3.1. Installing WABDE using my PC name. This is how I have to work:

open WABDE using start-up batch file: URL redirect error (tried re-creating app w/ new ID as stated in directions, same result)

Open WABDE inside portal, it opens

Create App in WABDE

Associate web map

base map shows up, layers do not

change proxy.js file to assign our proxy URL

try start-up file still = redirect error

open WAB in Portal, create app, associate web map, now both layers and basemap show up.

I am wondering if portal needs to be federated?

0 Kudos
philippenn
Occasional Contributor

WABDE 2.2 and Portal 10.4.1 -- getting same always-redirecting-to-portal issue after approval. Any resolution?   

0 Kudos