Connection property error when registering SQL server as data store

Jump to solution
04-03-2015 09:22 AM
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I am trying to register a SQL DB with my server, but getting the following error:

The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not compatible with the SQL Server database server.

DataStoreError.png

This is similar to Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications​, but I am pretty sure I have the same versions. Here are the SQL Server applications installed:

Installations:

ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3

ArcGIS for Server 10.3

SQL Server 2012

13 Replies
MichelyTavares
New Contributor

My case I have a PostgreSQL database and try to register with ArcGIS Server database, he acknowledges, makes the connection , but the following error appears :.

" The set of binding properties missing a required property or the property value was not recognized.

Invalid database name "

Can anyone help me ?

The database and arcgis desktop is on my machine and the arcgis server is on another machine.

Configuração:

ArcGIS Server 10.3

ArcGIS Desktop 10.3

PostgreSQL 9.3.10

0 Kudos
PeterBirksmith
Occasional Contributor

With Postgres you need to add the machine IP to the pg_hba.conf.  It's like a whitelist for access to the database.  This file can normally be found under ..\PostgreSQL\9.3\data directory.

I'll put an environment together and respond shortly,

0 Kudos
JohnJackson5
New Contributor

Thanks Peter. I solved it. Not sure how but I did J

0 Kudos
PeterBirksmith
Occasional Contributor

Hi John

Good to hear

I just tried it and seems to work find

And as per Andrews response

This error can occur if your ArcGIS Server Service Account doesn't have access to your Geodatabase.

I needed to set up a separate account for the account used to run the ArcGIS service on Postgres

and I added the IP address of the ArcGIS server to the pg_hba file with md5 permission

This seems to then allow publish rights.

Cheers

Peter