WAB Coordinate Widget Disables Popups

Jump to solution
04-01-2015 11:54 AM
MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am using the Web App Builder Developer Edition 1.1 and I am noticing that when I have the Coordinate Widget enabled my popups, which are being fed by my Web Map, no longer display. This is not the case on version 1.0.

Is anyone else experience this or have a fix?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

I received a response back from ESRI Tech Support and they confirmed that:

"If you use another coordinate system other than the default basemaps' Web Mercator coordinate system, the Coordinate widget overrides the maps onClick event, and the popups no longer appear."

They say that:

"This seems to be by design as all tool widgets that use the onClick event override the feature popup when the tool is active. Without customizing the widget to use a different event handler (such as right-click) you will not be able to have both the feature popup and Coordinate widget work at the same time."

So basically this is how it was designed so I am doubting there will be a fix.

A suggested work around that they provided was:

"When editing the Coordinate widget in WAB, add your desired coordinate system to the list. When you want to see feature popups you will click on the widget at the bottom of the application and choose the Web Mercator coordinate system from the drop-down list. The maps onClick event will no longer be mapped to the Coordinate widget and the popups will work again. You can then navigate back to your UTM zone coordinate system to togglethe Coordinate widget back to the onClick event."

Hope this helps anyone that is having similar issues.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Michael,

I agree this is a problem. The same question has been asked here: Giving click priority to identification over the Coordinate widget?  but so far no answer. Have you tried esri tech support?

-Stan

MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

Thanks Stan,

I have contacted ESRI to see if I can get this reported as a bug.

Hopefully they will have a fix in the next release.

Regards,

Michael

MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

I received a response back from ESRI Tech Support and they confirmed that:

"If you use another coordinate system other than the default basemaps' Web Mercator coordinate system, the Coordinate widget overrides the maps onClick event, and the popups no longer appear."

They say that:

"This seems to be by design as all tool widgets that use the onClick event override the feature popup when the tool is active. Without customizing the widget to use a different event handler (such as right-click) you will not be able to have both the feature popup and Coordinate widget work at the same time."

So basically this is how it was designed so I am doubting there will be a fix.

A suggested work around that they provided was:

"When editing the Coordinate widget in WAB, add your desired coordinate system to the list. When you want to see feature popups you will click on the widget at the bottom of the application and choose the Web Mercator coordinate system from the drop-down list. The maps onClick event will no longer be mapped to the Coordinate widget and the popups will work again. You can then navigate back to your UTM zone coordinate system to togglethe Coordinate widget back to the onClick event."

Hope this helps anyone that is having similar issues.

Regards,

Michael