How to export and download a WAB template for hosting in Portal?

11-29-2014 09:00 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

i made a very simple Web app in my Organization AGOL account following instructions exactly as per Export as template—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Beta) | ArcGIS . According to Download app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Beta) | ArcGIS "The app created by Web AppBuilder can be downloaded and hosted on your web server." Again, following the instruction exactly, I get to "

1. On the item detail page, scroll down to the Properties, and Code Attachment. Click the Download. A ZIP file named webappviewer will be downloaded to your computer"

There is NO CODE attachment. What am I missing here? Are the ESRI instructions wrong? Missing step? Is it possible to create a template in WAB for AGOL and download it for use in an instance of Portal which is behind a firewall?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
khairulamri
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

as far as I know, if you create web app through WAB in AGOL is not able to download. WAB have 2 types:

1. integrated in AGOL/portal that you have used

2. stand alone (WAB for Developer)

if you want to get the code, you have to use WAB for Developer instead of WAB on AGOL.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if you're still looking for help Tom, but the Download App instructions are referring to this: http://kpb.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=fffd70b754594c54bc58d90d4e897e19

Download that and then copy the json from www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<itemid>/data?f=pjson

into the config.json file of the app folder you just downloaded.  'itemid' being the ID of the original app you created in AGOL.

I know it's confusing, the Download app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Beta) | ArcGIS  instructions are not comprehensive, well composed or even accurate in some of the steps listed.