Select to view content in your preferred language

A problem with Tkinter for Python

05-10-2014 12:19 AM
JiaoXiangNing
Deactivated User
I have a problem with Tkinter. I use the python compiler of the ArcGIS and I can make a UI.I can move and close the UI.If write the same script in a button's event,I  can also get a UI,but,I can not move the UI.Can someone do to solve this problem? Thanks a lot !
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33723[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattEiben
Deactivated User
Try doing this through IDLE or another Python IDE.  Tk's mainloop and ArcMap don't play well sometimes.
0 Kudos
JiaoXiangNing
Deactivated User
Try doing this through IDLE or another Python IDE.  Tk's mainloop and ArcMap don't play well sometimes.

Thanks,eibenm ! I can create a UI through IDLE.En,what my problem means is that I can't create a UI when I click the button which I make through Python-AddIns.And the script of Python-AddIns is as follows.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33737[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JiaoXiangNing
Deactivated User

eibenm,I write a python module to create a UI,and,I call the module when click the button. When I first click the button in the ArcGlobe , I can get the UI and I can move it . When I click the button again , I can also get the UI but if I click the UI, the ArcGlobe Collapses.
The python module is as follows.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33738[/ATTACH] The code of my Python-Addins is as follows.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33739[/ATTACH]
Thanks!
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
ESRI does not support TKinter at all.  You cannot use it with the ArcMap programs.  It is a known limitation that ESRI will not fix.
0 Kudos