Ideas inspired by Excel UI to improve flexibility and readability of Attribute Table working environment:
- Change the column width and row height to fit cell contents (not field length).
- Set exact column width and row height parametrically. Match column width to another.
- Adjust height of records manually with mouse.
- Zoom controls available in Table navigation toolbar (slider and parametric entry/list box).
- Show sorting direction in field title.
- Comments available for each cell, record and field to store user notes and explanations.
- Indicate cell’s contents overflow with icon or ellipsis. Display full value in a tooltip.
- Indicate which fields are active in Layer Definition Query (if present).
- Field display filtering (for working purposes like Excel AutoFilter).
- Fill and border formatting.
- Missing Select All and Add Field buttons in Table window toolbar for quick access. Possibility to customize Table window toolbar.