WAB District Lookup Widget Configure Search Result Popup

04-18-2019 04:20 PM
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to be able to have more flexibility with popups in relation to the WAB district lookup widget. Specifically the popup that shows the found feature or location:

Currently this only shows the address that is entered in the search or with the set location button. I would like to be able to display attribute data queried from specific layers from the address. For instance, I want to be able to display the taxlot owner name, and utility service information for the address on the popup. 

3 Comments
ChelseaRozek

Are you looking for a combination of the District Lookup and Near Me widget? Find a point feature related to a polygon AND intersect the selected location across multiple layers for results? In the meantime, you could use Arcade to get those other intersected layers in the popup of your point and/or polygon feature https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2018/12/10/overlapping-features-i...

I'm using Arcade expressions to get attributes from multiple layers. But that only applies to the configurations for the popups on the widget itself. What I want to happen is when a user searches for an address or sets a location on the district lookup widget, the initial popup (on the map) that displays that address should also display attributes queried from layers based on that address.

For example:

I want global information (such as taxlot ownership and utility services) about the address to be displayed on that point in the map. I don't want the user to have to click on the map and shuffle through popups to query layers or use multiple widgets to accomplish this. I feel like having a popup that only shows the searched address is kind of useless. If there is a popup, it should be configurable. 

It would also be nice to have the option to include this global information in the widget, underneath the district menus.

For example:

And yes, I can accomplish this with both the District Lookup and Near Me, but I'd love to have most the functionality of those two combined. I don't really need the buffer from Near Me, since I'm matching addresses to taxlot data.