Button to re-open model progression pop-up or ribbon model terminate button

07-19-2018 09:08 AM
Labels (1)
LiamTurley
New Contributor III

It would be really helpful if there was a way to re-open the model builder progression pop-up. Numerous times I have started a model and have wanted to cancel the progress but accidentally close the pop-up window instead. There does not seem to be a way to either end the model outside the pop-up window or any method to re-open the pop-up window. modelbuilder progressbox ribbon toolbars arcgispro 2.2. 

9 Comments
DuncanHornby

I have identified a flaw in ArcPro modelbuilder dialog which is discussed here with no solution.

My idea is to resolve this! How I think is best decided by the ArcPro developers:

• Disable the close button whilst model is executing?
  • Terminate model run as if one had clicked on the red stop button?
  • Show model execution in history and allow it to be cancelled there?
  • Make closure button minimise dialog window whilst model is running rather than closing it?

Any of these is better than the current situation which is that it completely disappears without allowing the user to cancel the model.

curtvprice

I don't see a vote-up button anymore, but if I could I would! I Kudo's and will follow it!

KoryKramer

I merged this with an existing idea.  @curtvprice giving an idea kudos is a vote for it 🙂 https://community.esri.com/t5/community-help-documents/frequently-asked-questions-about-arcgis-ideas... 

Oh, and @DuncanHornby add your vote to this existing idea.

Thank you.

simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

what's the link for the merged idea? I'll give it my vote.

I was caught up by this when I was running a large model which runs for nearly 24 hours, it is really annoying that I could not stop it after the progress window disappeared..

KoryKramer

@simoxu It's this one so I see you've already added your kudos. Thank you!

SteveF
by

I just ran into this using Arc pro 3.0.2.  When will the fix be available?

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

We should see a new Open messages button in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 (scheduled for Q4 this year).

Thank you.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.