Select to view content in your preferred language

A Compass to Navigate the ESRI Ocean for Beginners

01-19-2018 08:29 AM
bradleyeckrose1
Emerging Contributor

Refactor the ArcGIS web-site topology to make it more discover-able and add missing documentation and diagrams of structural content and architectural relationships between the myriad of ESRI products and secured services.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Was there something specific you were looking for that you were unable to find?

bradleyeckrose1

A lot of public ESRI media outlests have indicated that migration code samples, industry templates and schemas are available for the new Utility Network and versioned geodatabase data-store.  Where are they?

Also, what is the structure of the login accounts we have?    I believe I have a public account and a developer account and a community account.   If I buy some ArcGIS software, I believe that will create an organization account.     Is it all the same single account with different claims granted for each functional domain it is registered with?   Or separate logins in separate databases?   Is there a capabilities list for each level of account side by side?  A trip to my profile doesn't provide a succinct structured account of what my login has access to.

Those are the 2 things that spring to mind now.   I know there are many times I've started at the main ESRI site and gotten into a circular flow and end up back where I started.

Brad

KoryKramer

Hopefully this will help with the Utility Network templates/schemas question: Utility Network Package Tools | ArcGIS Solutions 

If there is confusion about different usernames and which accounts they are (or are not) associated with, it would be best to contact Customer Service or your account manager to get that sorted out.

Cheers!