Easy integration of data collection apps within Web App Builder

12-28-2017 09:38 AM
LauraBusolo2
New Contributor III

I have used web app builder and some of Esri's data collection apps such as survey 123 and GeoForm. I came across an instance where I would have loved to have my GeoForm integrated into the web app. I hope that this can be incorporated in future. I was able to just add the GeoForm as a link in my web app, that redirects the user, but it would be cool to have it as part of the actual app and not a "redirect".

geoform‌

web app bulider‌

Tags (2)
1 Comment
ScottPrindle

Hello Laura Busolo,

Thank you for submitting this idea! It looks like you're requesting the ability to embed a simple web application (Survey123, GeoForm, etc.) as a widget or other content in Web AppBuilder. Is this correct? What is the larger workflow within Web AppBuilder where this data collection through GeoForm or Survey123 is necessary?

Similar functionality is currently available using Embedded Content elements in Operations Dashboard. Does this appear to cover the functional request (although in another application)?

If so, would it be possible for you to reword this idea to request the ability to embed content (such as GeoForms or Survey123 forms) in a Web AppBuilder widget? This can help refine the focus of this request, and gather additional use cases.

Thanks,

Scott