X-Ray for ArcGIS Pro

07-03-2017 07:57 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use X-Ray for ArcCatalog(http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae) a lot and this functionality would be great as an add in for ArcGIS Pro. 

53 Comments
deleted-user-8KkqhMYcTNGx

I use Xray all the time! I use it to do the needs analysis for schema changes... It is incredibly important. It would be awesome if the Xray for pro solution would also incorporate the functionality of ArcGIS Diagrammer from ArcGIS 10.2..

AndyJones1

This is absolutely necessary for many reasons, I rely on this tool for schema design, data dictionaries etc. This needs to be implemented asap.

JRAdams

Would be excellent if it didn't require standard or better

KarenFolger

Even a simple way to print out the fields in a feature class. The only way besides Xray has been to take screen shots and paste into word. Not very techie!

BatesRambow

I wrote a python script that will generate a simple "data dictionary" with a list of fields, aliases, types and length.  The input is a feature class and the output is a CSV file.  

https://gist.github.com/brambow/120c8df8bad4a11cb6fc1859ea223cc7
by Anonymous User

Another vote for X-Ray for ArcGIS Pro. I do a lot of work with our geodatabases for field data collection, and rely on this tool for revising geodatabase domains, reordering fields, data dictionaries and more.

ErikLash1

Voted up. Toolkits to work with data are the most valuable foundation for good mapping practices. X-Ray has established itself as a community need. Would be great to be able to work with it in Pro.

BrettSanders

I use Xray all the time! I use it to do the needs analysis for schema changes... It is incredibly important. It would be awesome if the Xray for pro solution would also incorporate the functionality of ArcGIS Diagrammer from ArcGIS 10.2..

I agree with all of the above.  There are and were some extremely handy tools that you can't get anywhere else!  consider Reorder Fields script tool and I also agree that I really miss Diagrammer.  I was able to get it running using some updated dll files that I found, but nothing in pro to do all that X-Ray does is extremely sad! 

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

Thank you for Considering making this a part of ArcGIS Pro. I just looked at the existing X ray for Catalog, and it has not been updated for 10.8 or since March of 2019, which further increases the need for this functionality in ArcGIS Pro. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

JosephGann__MTA_

Having X-Ray for Pro is an absolute must.