X-Ray for ArcGIS Pro

07-03-2017 07:57 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use X-Ray for ArcCatalog(http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae) a lot and this functionality would be great as an add in for ArcGIS Pro. 

60 Comments
Organski_TammieF_

Agreed, There was certainly room for improvement with the old x-ray tool, but it was very useful once you got the hang of it. I would love to see a new and improved version with easier reporting functions and better documentation.

DanielSorrenson2

@KoryKramer 

Hello. Another Yay vote here. 

CharlesRemmers

Put me in the YES!!

KoryKramer

@DanielSorrenson2 and @CharlesRemmers thank you for the comments supporting this idea. I took a quick look and didn't see that you added a kudo. Kudos (votes) are the primary way (amongst other considerations) that we monitor traction and trending of user requests through ArcGIS Ideas over time. 

On this one, it honestly doesn't matter that much as this is high on our radar and the team is looking at ways to incorporate the most used X-ray functionality into ArcGIS Pro already.

But I just wanted to make sure that it is understood how ArcGIS Ideas works in general. See https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas for a general overview and Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas for more info.

Thank you for your participation in the community!

Aaron_Sapsford

Awesome news @KoryKramer !!

ChrisRumig1

This should be part of the core product and not just an add-in as it is now in ArcGIS Desktop.  XRay is an invaluable tool for any GIS Professional who creates/administers GIS datasets.  It makes re-ordering fields, adding/creating domains and documenting schemas easy.

LukeSavage

Good help here.  Reordering fields (permanently) in file geodatabase using ArcGIS Desktop? - Geographic Information S...  We created code to reorder all geodatabase fields in tables and feature classes if you have like fields to be in front of all the other fields.  This is using jupyter so you should have that already as part of the ArcGIS Pro experience.  But agree, this needs to be part of the ArcGIS Pro core geoprocessing tool.  Data models are not static unlike what a lot of people think.

LukeSavage

Xray should also support the utility network

Jim_Riedmann

I use X-Ray every month to make an updated data dictionary for my workplace.  It's incredibly valuable.  As others have said, the X-Ray functionality needs to be part of ArcGIS Pro.

LukeSavage

So Xray took 3rd place on poll during plenary live stream.  I think its time to work on the xray for Utility Network, Trace Network, Regular enterprise geodatabase for ArcGIS Pro.  ArcGIS 3.2?  Please?