Customizing analysis

06-01-2017 08:22 AM
UMUTÜÇOK
New Contributor III

When I want to make analysis on Portal for ArcGIS which federated with Hosting Server, Image Server, Geoanalytics and also Geoevent Server, I click on a analyze then I can't select our output store. Yes we can select them on Server Manager / Site / Data Stores. But I can't select "which data store". I want to customize so many things when I make so many things, especially in Portal. Otherwise, we relay so many problems like ERROR 999999.. 

1 Comment
SarahAmbrose

Hi,

Thanks for your idea! I’m a product engineer on the GeoAnalytics team and I would like to ask a few questions about your workflow.

1. Are you running GeoAnalytics, Standard Tools, or Raster Analysis tools? Are you seeing problems running all of these, or only one or some?
  2.  Are you running these tools through the Portal Map Viewer, Pro, the Python API or through REST?

I’m assuming you are using ArcGIS 10.5. Each of the products, GeoAnalytics, Standard Tools and Raster tools use output data stores that are optimized for the data being used. For example, standard analysis will always output to the relational data store. GeoAnalytics analysis will output to the spatiotemporal data store, and for the “copy to data store” tool, you can copy to the spatiotemporal or relational data store. At 10.5.1 we are exposing the option for a user to write GeoAnalytics results to spatiotemporal or relational.

Can you please contact to support to identify the workflow you are completing that is returning Error 999999? They will be able to determine what is causing the issues.

My last question, can you please outline what you mean by 

we can select them on Server Manager / Site / Data Stores

Selecting a data store in sever manager will not control what Data Store is used for output of analysis. Those selections are to apply the operations available through Server Manager (like validate, refresh, edit and delete).

Thanks,

Sarah