The AAG-Esri ConnectED GeoMentors Program will officially launch at the AAG 2015 Annual Meeting in Chicago. Attendees can learn more about the program and sign up to be a GeoMentor through program activities throughout the week.
- Look for GeoMentors Program ads on the AAG 2015 Mobile App and in the printed program
- Find GeoMentors program information in your registration materials, including a sign-up form
- Interact with AAG staff at the GeoMentors Program poster at all poster sessions
- Visit the AAG booth to find program materials and speak with staff about the program
- Talk to Esri staff about the program at their booth in the exhibition hall
- Attend a panel session about ConnectED featuring Esri and AAG program representatives who will provide more details about this initiative:
K-12 Education ConnectED with Geography through ArcGIS Online
Thursday, April 23, 2015, 3:20 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Columbus EF, Hyatt Regency Chicago, East Tower, Gold Level
- Attend a panel session about education policy featuring AAG program representatives:
Advancing Geography in Federal K-12 Policy Reforms
Friday, April 24, 2015, 8:00 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.
Roosevelt, Hyatt Regency Chicago, East Tower, Ped Path
The AAG encourages its members to consider volunteering as a GeoMentor and help make a difference in improving GIS and geographic learning in schools. Visit www.geomentors.net for more information, or sign up to be a GeoMentor directly at www.geomentors.net/participate.