Q & A's | I Have a Skeletonized Model - What Am I Missing?

08-18-2015 08:21 AM

Q & A's | I Have a Skeletonized Model - What Am I Missing?

Here are the questions and answers from the webinar, I Have a Skeletonized Model - What Am I Missing?

• Q1: Can SCADAWatch easily integrate with an existing Mission (or other cell phone based) SCADA system?
  • A1: SCADAWatch can read data from any database. If Mission stores SCADA information in a non-proprietary database, then the answer is yes.

• Q2: What is "All Pipes Valve"? Please define.
  • A2: APV includes ALL pipes and ALL valves. AP includes all pipes with major valves only.

• Q3: If you only have one model, then would that impact SCADA watch real time calibration?
  • A3: SCADAWatch works fine if you only have one model.

• Q4: Do you need to keep a separate model to run scenarios (e.g. closed valve impacts) when using SCADA watch to monitor the system?
  • A4: No, you can simply use a separate scenario in the same model.

• Q5: Can you do real time water quality blending (water source tracing)?
  • A5: Yes, SCADAWatch will load near real-time information from the SCADA historian to the model to set the boundary conditions. The model will then run hydraulics, water quality, energy analyses, etc. based on those real time boundary conditions.

• Q6: Have you have worked with models for treatment plant facilities?
  • A6: No, our focus with models has been on distribution and collection facilities. However, if you are interested in reporting, tracking, flagging, and analyzing SCADA information in a treatment facility (but not running the hydraulic analyses), then the answer is yes – SCADAWatch would be a perfect fit.
Version history
Last update:
‎08-18-2015 08:21 AM
Updated by:
Anonymous User
Contributors