The official job posting and online application can be found here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/2701671/technology-analyst-7
Position Title: Technology Analyst (Full Time)
Salary Range: $56,732 - $104,954 Annually (Hiring Range: $56,732 - $78,000)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Closes on: 2/19/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
The City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department is looking for the right individual to join an innovative, skilled, and collaborative team focused on leveraging geospatial technologies and developing creative solutions. The Public Utilities GIS team supports the Department through advanced geospatial analytics to identify and solve complex problems and to optimize decisions; integrating real-time data to provide a comprehensive view into operations; configuring field apps to achieve efficiencies in field operations; configuring data-driven maps to guide resource allocation and decision making; Maintaining a GIS data inventory of over 1.5 million assets that make up the Water Distribution and Sewer Collection Systems as well as Water and Waste Water Treatment Facilities.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the motivation to develop and execute geospatial strategies as part of a collaborative team environment. The candidate will enthusiastically promote the value of advanced analytics and proactively seek to employ emerging technologies and new approaches to data science to expand the geospatial capabilities of the department.
- Automate processes and extend functionality using proprietary and open source spatial (ArcGIS, GDAL, PostGIS), data science (Python, Pandas, scikit-learn, R), and database (Oracle Database, SQL Database PostgreSQL) tools.
- Leverage emerging approaches in advanced location analytics, data science, AI and deep learning to solve challenging problems.
- Develop, support and maintain Departmental GIS data and data management workflows.
- Configure web applications for management, analysis, visualization, and reporting of data.
- Develop process improvements and automation.
- Research and learn new advancements in advanced analytics and data science and actively incorporates them into an analytics strategy.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
- Python libraries such pandas, scikit-learn, gdal, R, etc.
- Analytic visualization tools such as ArcGIS Insights, PowerBI, Tableu, etc.
- Spatial analysis methods and geoprocessing tools.
- Desktop GIS (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and extensions).
- Web GIS (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server).
- GIS Data modeling and Geodatabase design.
- Automating processes through Python scripting.
- GIS data management, workflow development, and documentation.
- Continue to stay current with modern and emerging technology.
If you are passionate about GIS I would encourage you to check out the full job posting for more information and apply to join our team: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/2701671/technology-analyst-7