Technical Solutions Architect
Position Location: Washington, D.C.
The Cadasta Foundation is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization that provides a global platform and digital tools to help marginalized communities and individuals around the world document their land, property, and resource rights. Cadasta Foundation is seeking to expand its team with an experienced Technical Solutions Architect that will serve as Cadasta’s technology solution lead and will work alongside senior leadership to lead, analyze, develop, and implement innovative technical strategies that will optimize the Cadasta Platform, which is built on the Esri technology stack. The applicant will have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies in a collaborative environment, leveraging and developing tools and resources that help families and communities gain land and resource rights in developing countries.
The selected applicant will successfully enhance partner engagement by bridging the gap between technical solutions and international development programs. This includes determining how best to leverage Esri technology for partners in low-resource environments and finding appropriate solutions, including Esri and other technologies to ensure ease-of-use, relevance, and sustainability of efforts. This role will be instrumental in helping to build stronger, more sustainable communities.
The ideal candidate is someone who has excellent technical and communication skills, is a strong team player, and who is passionate about the use of technology to solve development challenges. Competitive candidates will also have cross-cultural skills and experience working in or for a developing economy context. Land experience and proficiency in a language other than English are a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain client-side applications built on top of the ArcGIS REST API
- Evaluate and recommend solutions and guide team decision-making
- Work with and pick up new technologies for design, coding, testing, and deployment tasks
- Optimize platform development through assessment of client use cases, helping partners solve their problems around land documentation, storage, analysis, visualization, and ongoing management.
- Leverage the ESRI technologies stack in development practices to optimize platform capabilities
- Work in collaboration with members of product, programs, and senior leadership to develop and lead a technology solutions roadmap and ensure seamless integrated end-to-end design and implementation
- Work alongside partners, end users and Cadasta team to gather conceptual, technical and strategic requirements based on client needs
- Enforce existing process guidelines while contributing to new processes, guidelines, and best practices
- Willingness to travel to remote international locations up to 3-4 times a year to better understand client needs and provide needed technical support to the programs team
Technical Strategy and Leadership Skills
- Experience working with Senior Leadership in a product ownership or solutions architect capacity, managing and overseeing technical solutions/development projects from end-to-end
- Ability and experience developing and leading a technical solutions strategy in close collaboration with the CEO and programs team
- Effective written and verbal Communication skills to help bridge gaps between technical and non-technical teams
- A passion for problem solving and the ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
Technical Skills and Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Strong experience in ESRI/ ArcGIS development stack and working with Esri’s ArcGIS Services
- Map Tiles and Web Services (JSON)
- Experience with Server Side Frameworks like Node, Express or PHP Symfony, Laravel
- Understanding of AWS technologies like S3, SQS and EC2, Lambda etc.
- Familiarity with unit testing, source control, and software engineering best practices
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- An understanding of other mapping technologies, e.g. Mapbox and Open Source Technologies
- User Experience and Clean Design
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies: HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, e.g. Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Webpack or Parcel
- Experience in collaborating with international organizations and teams
Cadasta is committed to a people-first approach and providing an invigorating, dynamic workplace focused on achieving our mission. We have a collaborative, learning-focused environment that helps employees reach their full potential while making a positive impact on the world. For full-time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, disability, workman’s compensation, and a 401 k retirement plan. In addition, we offer:
- 20 days paid vacation annually plus 10 sick leave days;
- 10 National holidays;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits plus monthly reimbursement for public transportation up to $50;
- Pre-tax flexible spending option for dependent care and medical costs;
- Conference attendance and professional development opportunities.
Please apply online here.
Contact Leah Kellenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.