What is ArcGIS Experience Builder?
ArcGIS Experience Builder is the next generation of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, offering new ways to create web experiences. Its mobile-first design helps you build compelling web applications. Create web apps and web pages, design your own templates with an easy drag-and-drop operation, and integrate 2D and 3D—no coding required. Like Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Experience Builder requires the Creator user type or higher to create apps and is available in three editions: ArcGIS Online Edition, ArcGIS Enterprise Edition, and a Developer Edition.
What are the key features of ArcGIS Experience Builder?
ArcGIS Experience Builder takes advantage of modern web technologies and enables a wide variety of new capabilities, including
- A mobile-first design. In addition to being responsive, the same app running in a mobile browser can be configured separately from the desktop.
- Performance optimization.
- The ability to interact with 2D and 3D content in one app.
- Creating from scratch or choosing from designer-made templates. You can design templates with an easy drag-and-drop operation and share them with others.
- Choosing the apps you want to build, with options that include mapcentric or nonmapcentric—with one or multiple maps, fixed or scrolling screen, and single or multiple pages.
- A durable URL that contains app state information, so everyone you share the app with can see it in the same state.
- Dynamic data binding with text and image.
When will ArcGIS Experience Builder be available?
ArcGIS Experience Builder is expected to be available for public beta testing at the end of July 2019. This beta is for the ArcGIS Online Edition and Developer Edition. The final releases of the ArcGIS Online and Developer Editions are planned in the fourth quarter of 2019. The final release of ArcGIS Enterprise Edition is targeted for 2020.
Will ArcGIS Experience Builder reach the functional parity of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?
Yes. We plan on rewriting most of the out-of-the-box widgets from Web AppBuilder to ArcGIS Experience Builder through incremental releases, starting with the core and most popular widgets.
Is ArcGIS Experience Builder going to replace Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?
No. ArcGIS Experience Builder is the next generation of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. There is no plan to replace or discontinue Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. Both builders will be running and maintained in parallel.
Which browser is recommended for the beta testing?
The chrome browser is recommended for this beta testing. IE11 and below are not supported.
Can I use ArcGIS Enterprise portal with ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition?
ArcGIS Enterprise has not tested with Developer Edition, so use ArcGIS Online to bring your content into Developer Edition.