Use this tool within ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro to create an ArcGIS Server statistic report, and a second tool to execute the report writing the output to a CSV file. A great advantage of this tool versus creating the report within ArcGIS Server manager is that you are not limited to one statistic per report.
The following statistics are available for display in a report. You can select multiple statistics and multiple services per report.
- Total requests—Total number of requests made by a client to a service for a given time frame.
- Average response time—Average amount of time ArcGIS Server takes to return the results of a request to a client. The average response time is displayed in seconds.
- Maximum response time—Maximum amount of time ArcGIS Server takes to return the results of a request to a client. The maximum response time displays in seconds.
- Timeouts—Reported service timeouts can occur due to one or a combination of the following:
- Client keeps a service longer than the specified maximum usage time, and the client loses its reference to the service.
- Client's wait time exceeds the maximum wait time specified for a service.
- Maximum running instances—Maximum number of instances running for a particular service over a given time frame.
First, you can create a report with the metrics you would like collect, and for which services, using the Create Usage Report tool:
After the report has been created, you can run the Execute Report tool to create a CSV of the statistics: