Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: https://www.smbjobs.io/jobs/7146613-gis-architect-at-greensboro-staffing-consultants
Reference: NCDOT - Technical Architect- Expert (575371)
Last day to submit resume: 1/4/18 11:00 PM EST
We are seeking an expert level GIS Architect who will support our client's EGIS enhancement efforts. The responsibility of this person is to assist the GIS Solution Architect in design and implementation of EGIS for planned enhancements and system expansion projects. The selected individual will utilize advanced knowledge and skills in computer systems, networks, and GIS technologies to help build and maintain our client's enterprise GIS system.
Additional Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- The position will also help perform system monitoring and fine-tune related components for adequate availability and performance.
- The position will be required to provide technical leadership, document the procedures for system build, monitoring, troubleshoot and regular maintenance.
- The contractor will work with other teams in IT and user community to coordinate the planning, design, development, and implementation of any GIS systems and processes.
- Extensive architect and developer experience with enterprise deployment of GIS solutions, particularly of ESRI’s ArcGIS products such as ArcGIS server, Portal for ArcGIS, Enterprise Geodatabase, and ArcGIS Online.
- Advanced Knowledge and experience using common Windows application protocols such as Active Directory, Authentication and Authorization (ADFS, Kerberos, SSPI, etc.), CIFS, HTTP(S), LDAP, SSL, TLS, SSH, IPSEC, and Windows Management Protocols.
- Advanced understanding of GIS systems, principles and concepts including GIS Servers and services (ESRI's ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, etc.), GIS Databases (ESRI's SDE, File GeoDatabase, Shape File, etc.), GIS Application Protocols (WMS, WFS-T, ESRI's REST APIs, etc.), GIS Desktop, GIS Mobile technologies.
- Fluent in developing PowerShell scripts to create, update & maintain changes across numerous EGIS servers. Fluent in MS DOS commands and batch scripting.
- Knowledge of network and computer system security protocols. Experience in vulnerability mitigation and remediation. Knowledge of SAML 2.0 and OAuth 2.0.
- Knowledge of GIS implementation patterns with cloud technologies and managed cloud services. 8. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and services including Windows Server 2012 R2 and later, IIS 7 and later, SQL Server 2012 and later, SharePoint 2010.
- Understanding of relational databases, solid understanding and experience of UML modeling10. Must be able to work independently with minimum assistance. Must have good written and oral communication skills.
Greensboro Staffing Consultants is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.