The next ArcGIS Online update is targeted for April 10, 2018.
It will include new ways to organize and explore your content as well as additional functionality when appending data, defining areas of interest, and working in 3D.
We plan to provide additional functionality in these areas:
- New Content Categories will allow you to organize content, like maps and layers, into hierarchical categories. Those browsing can quickly search and identify content, organized by topic, within a group.
- The Content page will include a new Living Atlas tab making it easy for you to view and discover quality content to expand your projects.
- When appending data to your hosted feature layers you will be able to use Microsoft Excel and GeoJSON files as input. You will also have addition options to prevent duplicating values.
- You will be able to reuse defined areas of interest across different feature layer views to provide a more consistent experience when your map is viewed.
- Scene Viewer updates will support a fully mobile experience, and the new Measure Area tool will allow you to interactively measure areas in 3D.
Please note that all planned updates are subject to change. We will provide a comprehensive list of implemented changes in our upcoming What’s New email and blog.
If you haven't already, please sign up to receive our What's New email.