The ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension provides a broad range of powerful spatial modeling and analysis capabilities, like distance analysis, suitability modeling, terrain analysis, surface modeling, surface interpolation, hydrological analysis, and image classification. You can create, query, map, and analyze raster data; derive new information from existing data and perform integrated raster/vector analysis. Listed below are some resources to help you learn more.
Share your questions and awesome analysis stories with us here at the Geonet — We’d love to hear from you!
- Resolution preserving cell size projection method (Help, How it works, Blog)
- GPU processing with Spatial Analyst (Help)
- What’s New for Spatial Analyst in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and ArcMap 10.6.1 (Blog)
- What’s New for Spatial Analyst in ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and ArcMap 10.6. (Blog)
- What’s New for Spatial Analyst in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and 10.5.1 (Blog)
New to Spatial Analyst? Start here:
- Getting started with Spatial Analyst (Technical Workshop)
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Tutorial (Help)
- Overview of the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Toolbox (Help)
- Analysis environments and Spatial Analyst (Help)
Performing analysis with Spatial Analyst
- Finding the Best Locations Using the Suitability Modeling (Technical Workshop)
- Understanding the suitability modeling workflow (Case Study)
- Where are the best locations for a golf resort? (Case Study)
- Build a Model to Connect Mountain Lion Habitat (Learn ArcGIS Lesson)
- Finding Optimal Locations: Suitability Modeling in ArcGIS Pro (Training)
- Raster Classification with ArcGIS Desktop (Technical Workshop)
- Finding the Best Paths for Rovers and Humans on Mars (Esri News)
- Impervious Surface Mapping using Pro 1.4 – Part 1: Georeferencing (Blog)
- Impervious Surface Mapping Using Pro 1.4 – Part 2: Classification (Blog)
- Hands-on experience with the Image Classification Wizard ArcGIS Pro 1.3 (Blog)
- Pass the classification but hold the salt and pepper (Blog)
Python for Analysis
Integrating different workflows together
- Aloha! A GIS vacation (Case Study)
- Minimizing the environmental impact of wind farm installation (Case Study)
Extending analytical capability using script tools
- Introducing the Storage Capacity Supplementary Tool (Blog)
- Supplementary Spatial Analyst Toolbox for ArcGIS 10.x. (Blog, Download)
Readily Available Data
Esri Conference Presentations at a glance!
Harder, C. (2015). The ArcGIS Book: 10 Big Ideas about Applying Geography to Your World. Esri Press.
Mitchell, A. (2012). The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis Volume 3; Modeling Suitability Movement and Interaction. Esri Press.
Last updated: 05/08/2019
The original resource blog is located here.