LocalLayer widget install and usage tips
For those wanting to be able to use ArcGIS Server services with your own ArcGIS Server services in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers without having to have all your services in one web map in ArcGIS Online, the LocalLayer custom widget is a good place to start.
- GeoNet thread: LocalLayerWidget Version 2.5 and AccessifizrWidget Layer - 09/28/2017 (Adam Drackley)
- Latest version: LocalLayer · GitHub :
Updates to this blog and attached document:
- Added note in doc about making sure the widget\LocalLayer does NOT have another layer of LocalLayer as a subdirectory. Should look like graphic below in the widgets directories:
For additional discussion, see WAB 2.5 and LocalLayer 2.5? I cant seem to get the LocalLayer widget to show up.
- Also, attached the doc with Oct date instead of Nov (I seem to be rushing the year)
10/11/2017 - Updated and uploaded the help document (pdf)
2/18/2017 - added links to my other blog pages
10/1/2015 - updated and attached new PDF
For a more WAB resources, check out Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Resource List (updated 5/13/2018)
My other WAB related blog posts:
- Web Appbuilder: Tips and tricks for creating, modifying and using custom widgets (2/5/2018)
- Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Help, training and related links (updated 2/13/2017)
- MAIN --> Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Resource List (updated 5/13/2018) - updated often, recommend bookmarking this one for most current announcements, custom widgets, etc.
- Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder - Developer Edition Installed (updated 8/26/2018)
- (this post) Tips for using the custom LocalLayer widget with WAB-Dev edition (updated 10/12/2017)
This document was created initially because the first few versions were lacking any detailed help. The READMME.md now contains much of this information, but the attached document expands this info to hopefully make it a little more user friendly, for those of us that are not as hardcore at developing as they are. (NOTE: help docs have been improved since I originally wrote this. Also, very detailed doc/tutorial for this, plus other custom widgets, can be found Using the Web AppBuilder )
These are my tips and observations that I'm collecting as I'm learning to implement the widget. Not a true "help" document, but some info that might help others. I will update and re-post as needed. Comments/corrections are welcome in the comment section.
For the latest download, status, information on possible new features, or to help collaborate, check out the GitHub page: LocalLayer · GitHub