Updates to the Water Utility Network Editing Configurations and a preview of the Gas As-Built Editing analysis tools

02-26-2016 07:47 PM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

On March 1st, we are releasing an update to the Water Utility Network Editing solution and a preview of the analysis tools for the Gas As-Built Editing solution.  This update will provide a connection isolation trace tool for gas customer and an update the water valve isolation trace for water customers.  These trace routines have a new option on how the results are returned.  Instead of a selection set or a graphic, you can now get a copy of the results as a set of in-memory layers.  This new return option allowed us to craft a model to easily share these to a service so anyone in the organization can access the results.  Check out the video below highlighting these new features.output_4UTUOV.gif

8 Replies
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hello;

Where can I find more sources about water or gas utility trace tools?

0 Kudos
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

mmiller-esristaff‌ are you aware of a way to use a script to run the valve isolation tool on each main? We have a client doing a risk analysis and the essentially want to identify the mains in their system that would affect the most customers in the event of a break.

I know we could do this if we had the source code using for the valve isolation. Is the latest code kept on GitHub? If it is, we wouldn't mind contributing back to GitHub.

Bruce

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
0 Kudos
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

I thought about trying that, but I was concerned about the performance trying to use for 25,000 main lines. I will give it try. Thanks!

Bruce

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

it will take a day or 3 to finish

BruceMiller
New Contributor III

Mike, I just realized the Summary isolation trace tool doesn't count Hydrants which are selected in the regular 'Valve Isolation Trace' Tool. I might copy the hydrants as critical meters for this analysis (they don't track critical customers) to get around this, but I'd like to see if our developer can add hydrant counts to the existing tool. Is the code on Github?

Bruce

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
0 Kudos