Cannot Create ArcHydro AddIn

Jump to solution
03-02-2023 11:18 AM
RobertStevens
Occasional Contributor III

I am using arcgis Pro 3.1

I am experienced with arcgis Pro, but not at all familiar with ArcHydro. I have the .msi download from the archydro resources website, the 3.5.0 version. I have installed this software

My understanding is that this software must be added to arcgis pro. I use pro's Add-In Manager:
Add-In Manager => Options => Add Folder (Load all Add-Ins without restriction is set)
and this brings up a browse window. But this browse window does not list C:\ProgramData which is where the .esriAddInX file for ArcHydro is located. Why not?? Thus I am unable to load the Add-In.

Am I correct in thinking that ArcHydro needs to be loaded as an Add-In?? Regardless of my lack of understanding of ArcHydro I do not at all understand why the browser window does not display under C:
the ProgramData subdirectory (it does, for example display Program Files)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

You should not have to do anything after running Arc Hydro install .msi (assuming it successfully installed).  The Arc Hydro add-in should just "appear" next time you open Pro and so should the Arc Hydro Pro toolbox.  If it does not, try to uninstall it (using Windows Add/Remove Programs) and then installing it again.  Make sure that all instances of ArcGIS Pro are closed before you do uninstall/install.  You will need admin rights for installing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

You should not have to do anything after running Arc Hydro install .msi (assuming it successfully installed).  The Arc Hydro add-in should just "appear" next time you open Pro and so should the Arc Hydro Pro toolbox.  If it does not, try to uninstall it (using Windows Add/Remove Programs) and then installing it again.  Make sure that all instances of ArcGIS Pro are closed before you do uninstall/install.  You will need admin rights for installing.

0 Kudos
RobertStevens
Occasional Contributor III

Ty for the response.

0 Kudos