Oriented Imagery Catalog publishing fails

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
tikola
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I have a Oriented Imagery Catalog that works well in desktop (latest 3.2 ArcGIS Pro and latest addon for Oriented Images). I try to publish that to AGOL (ArcGIS Pro - share as web layer) and that fails. It tells me about unsupported items and offers to select them for further steps - that does nothing:

So error I got is this:

00405: Oriented imagery dataset references unsupported items—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

And what it does as a help does nothing - so nothing in my project never get selected. I have a feeling what those files are and I clean them away manually but in my perspective there is clear bug in this tool. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I would like to apologize that you are experiencing this. Yes the messaging is not clear but we are working to improve the functionality and messaging of this feature. 

From what I gathered from the team is that you are seeing this message because at the time of publishing the path to the images in the Oriented Imagery dataset has to be a http path. At the moment no other path is supported, ie if your images are pointing to a local drive you will see this error. 

Hope this helps you. 

Randall

0 Kudos
tikola
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Actually as you now say it like this I remember this. I have seen this issue once before and solved that by uploading couple of files to AGOL. Now I have few files more so maybe it is Amazon etc. that will do the trick. Thanks for reminding me this issue - I should have known this - my bad.

But I agree that error message makes no sense😀

0 Kudos