Viewing Oriented Imagery Feature Layer in ArcGIS Pro 3.2

03-26-2024 06:44 PM
PeterSmith3
New Contributor III

I've created some oriented imagery data using Quick Capture. The data is saved online as a Feature Layer (hosted) and also as a Feature Layer with the suffix '0_OIFL_0'.

When I load the '0_OIFL_0' data into a map in ArcGIS Online, and select the layer, the Oriented Imagery viewer is available and everything works just fine. I can see the current footprint, additional footprints, and additional camera locations as expected.

However, I have problems with the same layer when it's opened in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1. Selecting the '0_OIFL_0' layer in the Contents pane activates the Oriented Imagery Layer tab as expected. But, when I use the Explore Images tool, the Oriented Imagery Viewer pane requires me to sign in to ArcGIS Online to access the item. However, the viewer refuses to accept my sign in details. I've attached a screenshot of the message that I get:

Capture.png

The user name and password details, which I enter, are correct.

I'm already correctly signed in on our arcgis.com Portal in ArcGIS Pro, so I can't see why Pro is asking for an additional sign in, or why it refuses to recognise my sign in details.

I was under the impression that ArcGIS Pro 3.2 no longer needs a Classic version of Oriented Imagery (with a catalog). Is this not the case?

1 Reply
tikola
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Same thing here.  However my case was slightly different - I changed portal during processing (to get DEM) and that put me in this same loop.  So switching portals during work might end you up in this same mess. The dialog it opens up is exactly the same and it opens when trying to see the actual image.

So in my perspective the bug might be: "Oriented Imagery Catalog fails to respect portal login while trying to show the actual image."

It is something different than the actual normal portal login as dialog looks way different than normal ArcGIS Pro portal login dialog.

0 Kudos