APIs for raster

04-14-2011 11:08 AM
eykim
by
New Contributor
Hi All,

I've noticed that we have raster field type, just wondering if you will provide API for raster as well such as rows.GetRaster, just like rows.GetDate or rows.GetString..

Thanks for your help.

sandhufan..
0 Kudos
11 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
The blog announcement states:

Other limitations of the File Geodatabase API at its initial release:

• Rasters (Raster Dataset, Raster Catalog, Mosaic Datasets and Raster Attributes) are not supported with the initial release of the File Geodatabase API.

I believe the intent is to extend the API to support rasters, but the initial release development
must be completed first.

- V
0 Kudos
paulkennedy
New Contributor II
Hi,
Any update when the file GDB API will be augmented with support for raster data?  Rasters are a big part of many datasets and as such, I would consider them essential.

Good work guys.
0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Currently we only plan on supporting vector data. If you see the need for raster data please enter a request with Esri technical support or on the ArcGIS Ideas site (http://ideas.arcgis.com/). Please provide the business justification for raster data support being added to the File Geodatabase API. Please include an example of the typical workflows where raster support is required.
0 Kudos
paulkennedy
New Contributor II
Thanks for the tip.  I have done as you asked.  The documentation says rasters will be in future releases, but your comment here suggest otherwise.  This is a bit confusing.  I am sure many folks are patiently waiting for raster support in the new version

regards
0 Kudos
paulkennedy
New Contributor II
Hi, My feature request is at: https://c.na1.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=08730000000bsadAAA
I was hoping we could get a few votes for it, but these requests are not easy to find, so get little support.

Is there any update when raster support will be added?

regards
pk
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Your URL is mangled or protected.  I don't see anything at ideas.esri.com searching on "file geodatabase raster".

- V
0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for posting your request to the Ideas site. We do not have any near-term plans to add support for raster access, but we do closely watch the votes that requests for new functionality get on the Ideas site. Please add a business justification and/or possible workflows to your Idea site posting.
0 Kudos
KyleShannon
New Contributor III
Is there an idea up?  I would like to vote on it.  I couln't find one.
0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos