updating survey123 shape with step "define location"

Jump to solution
02-16-2023 03:48 PM
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

Is it possible to update a survey123 shape with "define location" using update properties step. I attempted that and it gave a warn with  "Editing only supported for linked field.

I am trying to create a workflow to capture attributes and "define location (using map with reference layer, preferably webapp but I believe I am limited to only webmap).

Outcome I am after is for a user to create a polygon with associated attributes in a feature layer that i can use in a webapplication. (using url parameter to focus and zoom into the created polygon)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Thanks @vtey_esriau for the feedback! You are correct on the expected behavior there with the Update Job Properties step and extended properties tables. We'll take a look at that documentation and see what improvements we can make there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @vtey_esriau 

Your end goal seems like you don't need Survey123 here? You want the ability to see job locations from Workflow Manager in a separate custom web app? 

If that's right, you could use the job locations view as a layer in the web app and handle this that way. But let me know if I'm off base here.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

After tinkering around with WFM,  I understand the limitation much better. I think it is due to the misleading documentation for "update-job-properties";

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/workflow/latest/help/update-job-properties.htm

"The Update Job Properties step allows the person running a job to update extended properties and the following job properties:"

The truth is, it doesn't let you update all extended properties. In my testing it only works for extended properties if you add the table. However survey123 is considered an extended properties but it does not allow you to update field in survey123 other than the linked field ID. (globalid).

It would have been great if it does allow you to edit specific field in a survey123 extended properties.

Similiar issues raises:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-workflow-manager-questions/workflow-manager-server-and-extended...

vtey_esriau_0-1678401547534.png

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Thanks @vtey_esriau for the feedback! You are correct on the expected behavior there with the Update Job Properties step and extended properties tables. We'll take a look at that documentation and see what improvements we can make there.