Select to view content in your preferred language

I need help to understand more about renaming Asset package as my model

Jump to solution
06-30-2023 05:40 AM
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor
  • Hello ,

it is first time to use rename in asset package ,

i have a schema for my source domains and subtypes .

I let  asset package from electric network foundation empty to use it .

what should I do after that  ?

should I rename all domains and subtypes in asset package as my source by d_rename .

For electric , I have a station point that include the data and connects with small line to many transformers . there is square polygon contains this station point and  many transformers also and so on .

What should I do to prepare the electric asset package to success later in mapping ?could someone provide me some ideas and Tipps to start ,if there is any example ,it will be good to understand clearly .

is there any articles that explain some examples for preparing electric asset package 

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The first rule with renaming something is that it's function should not change.  For example, a MV Fuse, should remain a Fuse used in MV.  In your case, you have a polygon for a station, so that should map to something like StructureBoundary, Electric Substation Boundary, Secondary Station.  Next, lets say you wanted to call this a Low Voltage Station, you would find the record in the D_Rename table that has a  Property Type = 'Domain Description' and hierarchy1 value of 'Asset_Type_Structure_Boundary_Electric_Substation_Boundary and current_name = 'Secondary Station'.  You would then populate the rename column with your new name.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The first rule with renaming something is that it's function should not change.  For example, a MV Fuse, should remain a Fuse used in MV.  In your case, you have a polygon for a station, so that should map to something like StructureBoundary, Electric Substation Boundary, Secondary Station.  Next, lets say you wanted to call this a Low Voltage Station, you would find the record in the D_Rename table that has a  Property Type = 'Domain Description' and hierarchy1 value of 'Asset_Type_Structure_Boundary_Electric_Substation_Boundary and current_name = 'Secondary Station'.  You would then populate the rename column with your new name.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor

i have domain for type cable include 0-1-2-3 code and description 

in case I did not find in property type the same domain as my source or I did not find the subtypes as my source , so should I create new domain and new subtypes for that ? 
is there good article to explain it ?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Adding new Asset Groups or Asset Types means adding rules, so it would be more complicated than just renaming an existing asset type.  Perhaps you can send me you source schema.  If you wish you can email it to me at jalsup@esri.com

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

For reference, there actually is an article written by @JohnAlsup that describes how to rename items in your asset package.

0 Kudos