how to delete utility network terminal configuration

Jump to solution
01-19-2023 06:21 AM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

folks, I enabled my UN topology and then I have terminal configurations that i want to delete it. After searching i found out that Esri said once you enabled the network topology you cannot delete any terminal configs. So I want to know if there a way to delete it and in not why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The Utility Network is designed around versioning and has been designed to be additive only, which means you cannot delete a number of items, like terminal configurations, since the terminal configuration could be used in an older state of the database.  That is why you cannot delete it.  You could export your Utility Network to an Asset Package, drop the database and then re-Apply the Asset Package after you remove the terminal configuration from the asset package.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The Utility Network is designed around versioning and has been designed to be additive only, which means you cannot delete a number of items, like terminal configurations, since the terminal configuration could be used in an older state of the database.  That is why you cannot delete it.  You could export your Utility Network to an Asset Package, drop the database and then re-Apply the Asset Package after you remove the terminal configuration from the asset package.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @JohnAlsup, your workaround works well with me. But I will search more for the reason of that especially this error appeared in a Single deployment (File Gdb) and the this Terminal Config wasn't in use.

0 Kudos