Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer 'layer' not found in the feature service - form created on top of existing service

06-23-2023 11:01 AM
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

So I followed instructions here and here to create a form on top of an existing table in a an existing feature service.

I already restarted devices as suggested here.

I am able to create and publish the form from survey123 connect, but unable to send it when using the app. It's in french but basically I get the message "Layer 'suivi_terrains' not found in the feature service".

Also, when pressing "send" in the app, I see that it is checking every layer and table in the feature service, but it seems to skip the corresponding 'suivi_terrains' table (I don't see it while doing it's loop). Like it just doesn't find it.

This 'suivi_terrains' table exists in my feature service when checking on AGOL. It is present in my XLSForm settings tab under "form_id". And under submission_url is the item url from my main feature service.

In my survey I have only questions/fields that exist in the concerning table. I have no repeats present and nothing about GlobalIds/GUIDs. I don't think this is the problem since I'm only trying to add data to one table ?

Any input in appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to make a form that interacts with a standalone table? As far as I know, Survey123 needs to work with either a spatial layer or a layer that relates into a spatial layer.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

Oh that may be the case. It is for a table inside a feature service (which contains many layers and tables). This table has a relationship to a layer inside the feature service though, but it's not needed for the form.

From what I understood from this post, under "Settings worksheet", I thought it was possible:

While you often may not want to change the submission_url, there is one use case where  changing the form_id is very handy.  Think for example, that you want to create a survey on top of a related standalone table.  For clarity, lets think of a feature service with parcels (polygons) and their related assessments.  You may not want to build a survey to edit the parcels, but you may want to create one to create the assessments. Typically, when you get the initial XLSForm design, you will have questions in your survey for all the fields in the parcels layer and then a repeat group, with all questions in the related assessment table. This is only because in a feature service, typically the layer with geometries (parcels in our case) goes first, and then the related tables.  To create your parcel assessment survey you will delete all questions  corresponding to the parcels layer from your survey and then take the name of your assessments repeat and put it into the form_id setting.  Finally you will delete the begin_repeat and end_repeat rows in your survey. 

Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos